Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Statement of Process

Throughout this project I did my best to keep up with the due dates. The first thing I did was my research on slavery and I had put them in my bibliography. I really didn't have a problem finding primary sources, or any sources at all. I then posted a glossary, but didn't post anything on it yet. After doing that I added a poem as my first genre and my friend gave me the idea to make this. Afterwards I checked the blog for genres and found out that a journal entry was perfect for me. I then spent some time thinking of genres to use and generated a list. I ended up doing a character profile next and at first it came out wrong, but later on I fixed it. I had made it more like a news article. Next I created a letter that was next on my list and it came out just fine, only I needed to proofread. The next day, I created a trivia game and the idea had come from a friend. At the end the game came out pretty well. I then created an advertisement during school. I wanted to make the slave sellers look bad so I put things like whipping the slaves. I had started on a skit on the same day during school and I was half way through. When I got home I finished it up. It was pretty long, but I don't think it came out all that great. I then decided to create a wanted poster where they would be looking for someone with a reward and I made it look like the ones back then only without the handwriting and spaces. After finishing that, I made an obituary and I had mixed it up with the character profile, so I switched the layout and they both came out quite nice. After that I created a feature article which is not all that great. Then comes my reflection and this, my statement of process.

1 comment:

Ms. Sackstein said...

Lawrence, this is a very detailed statement of process. You certainly worked hard to give me all the details of how you did the project. Nicely done. Make sure to proofread your work and break it up in the future.