Monday, May 12, 2008

Leave

Fly!
Ripple with happiness
soar through the sky without a sigh
fly with hastiness

Escape!
Don't let this place hold you back
you have a knack
this is not the one

Quick!
Don't stay here
its sick
don’t let fear
Hold you back
this place has lacks
hope, trust, love

Leave!

Reflection:
For this poem, I just wrote from the back of my head. I didn't really use any poetic devices. I just tried to make it rhyme and match my theme. I guess this would be a rhyme or lyric poem then because it rhymes. I rhymed the last words and most of the time I would rhyme every two lines. Ex. Happiness, hastiness; sigh, fly; knack, back; quick, sick; here, fear; back and lacks. Writing this poem took about five minutes because it is short.

1 comment:

Ms. Sackstein said...

This poem works for your topic. I'd like you to write a reflection that directly connects it to your topic and the poetic devices you've used.